Komorebi, the poetice expression in Japanese, does not exist in most other languages and we think it beautifully captures the subtlety of mother-nature. We hope our Yoga studio similarly offers comfort, unity, and peace for the people of Hakuba and for anyone who has made the effort to come here. Our mission matches with the greater philosophy of Yoga and and we will not be asking for class fees. Instead, we ask for donation which will not be for profit and will be kept for future use until it reaches a substantial amount. We hope to organize yoga events to bring people to Hakuba and to help more people enjoy the benefits of yoga. Your donation will be given back to Hakuba in the form of these events. Namaste.
You can see class details from HERE
Spotlight on Special Classes :
- 12/27/2019, 7pm-8:30pm : Yin Yoga & Meditation (Michelle) – Yin yoga is a stilling practice that cultivates a deep sense of awareness through the release of mind and body stresses. Poses are held for long periods, allowing the student to relax as they express patience and quiet.
- 12/28/2019, 2:30pm-3:45pm : Arm Balance & Headstand Workshop (Michelle) – Practice and explore chaturanga, bakasana, koundinyasana, forearm balance, and handstand. Challenge yourself and build confidence in getting into arm balances and headstands! For more advanced students, we can have fun and turn it up a notch!
- 1/4/2020, 2:30pm-3:45pm : Yoga for Healthy Spine & Back Pain (Michelle) – Explore all the movements of the spine through dynamic flows that get you moving in this workshop. Designed to stretch and strengthen your back, the sequences will loosen you up and allow you to connect with your body, and the restorative yin practice that follows will release all your tight areas and work deeper into the connective tissues and fascia.
You can see instructor profiles from HERE
*Click yoga classes to check further information
Komorebi Yoga Schedule for the year
Summer: (April-early December)
Ad-hoc classes: event classes like outdoors in Happo or Iwatake mountains
Reservations: up to 24 hours before start of class
(however please email or call us for any last minute requests- we will try to fit you in where possible!)
Winter: (mid-December – March)
Regular classes – twice daily. All of our classes are designed for all levels. Please check the above calendar for schedules.
Drop in：2,000 yen
3 times pass：5,000 yen
5 times pass：7,000 yen
Monthly pass: 11,000 yen
Hakuba and Otari residents pay 1,000 yen at all times! (Please show valid ID showing your address or work)
*If you wish to attend a class that is not listed in above calendar, please let us know using the form below or calling us. We can put together a class for you from 2 people, depending on staff availability.
*We will do free pick up service if you sign up with 2 people or more. Areas limited to Wadano (in front of Mominoki Hotel), Happo (at the bus terminal) – please enquire for details and reservations for shuttles 0261-72-6666.
Special Classes: regular pricing unless otherwise indicated.
– 2020: Jan 20th – 25th: 6:30am – 8:30am Iyengar Yoga (90 minutes class)
Jyoteeka Cummings, guest instructor. Jyoteeka is the owner of Yoga on the Square studio in Palmerston North, New Zealand and is a certified Iyengar Yoga instructor. Fee : 2,000yen (cannot use passes or resident discount)
Can be used to hold meetings (we have tables and chairs upon request), stretching sessions, or for just having fun!
You can contact us through the website form or call us to check availability.
How to make a reservation
- phone call (Shakespeare Hotel: 0261-72-6666）
- Hotel front desk
- Form below